- Unincorporated Non-profit Associations Act 2008
- UNIFORM UNINCORPORATED NONPROFIT ASSOCIATIONS ACT
- DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- APPLICATION OF THIS ACT AND OTHER LAWS
- LEGAL STATUS, CAPACITY AND POWERS
- CLAIMS AND LIABILITIES
- DISSOLUTION AND WINDING-UP
- COMING INTO FORCE
- All Pages
COMING INTO FORCE
Coming into force
27 This Act comes into force ....
Comment: Canadian jurisdictions take a variety of approaches to bringing legislation into force. For example, in some jurisdictions it is typical for statutes to come into force on royal assent; in others, legislation typically comes into force by proclamation or regulation. It is not the intent of the Uniform Act to prescribe a specific method for coming into force. Enacting jurisdictions should consider whether a transitional period is necessary. The Uniform Act works significant changes in the legal framework for UNAs. It may be advisable to spend six months or one year publicizing the changes among participants in the nonprofit sector and providing plain language educational materials explaining the changes to the law.
Derivation: no specific principle.