- Draft Convention on International Interests in Mobile Equipment 2001
- CHAPTER II - CONSTITUTION OF AN INTERNATIONAL INTEREST; CONTRACTS OF SALE
- CHAPTER III - DEFAULT REMEDIES
- CHAPTER IV - THE INTERNATIONAL REGISTRATION SYSTEM
- CHAPTER V - MODALITIES OF REGISTRATION
- CHAPTER VI - PRIVILEGES AND IMMUNITIES OF THE SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY AND THE REGISTRAR
- CHAPTER VII - LIABILITY OF THE REGISTRAR
- CHAPTER VIII - EFFECTS OF AN INTERNATIONAL INTEREST AS AGAINST THIRD PARTIES
- CHAPTER IX - ASSIGNMENTS OF INTERNATIONAL INTERESTS AND RIGHTS OF SUBROGATION
- CHAPTER X - NON-CONSENSUAL RIGHTS OR INTERESTS
- CHAPTER XI - JURISDICTION
- CHAPTER XII - RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHER CONVENTIONS
- CHAPTER XIII - FINAL PROVISIONS
- All Pages
CHAPTER VI - PRIVILEGES AND IMMUNITIES OF THE SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY AND THE REGISTRAR
Legal personality; immunity
1. - The Supervisory Authority shall have international legal personality where not already possessing such personality.
2. - The Supervisory Authority and its officers and employees shall enjoy [functional] immunity from legal or administrative process.
3. - (a) The Supervisory Authority shall enjoy exemption from taxes and] such other privileges as may be provided by agreement with the host State.
(b) For the purposes of this paragraph, "host State" means the State in which the Supervisory Authority is situated.
4. - Except for the purposes of Article 40(1) and in relation to any claim made under that paragraph and for the purposes of Article 55:
(a) the Registrar and its officers and employees shall enjoy functional immunity from legal or administrative process;
(b) the assets, documents, databases and archives of the International Registry shall be inviolable and immune from seizure or other legal or administrative process.
5. - The Supervisory Authority may waive the immunity conferred by paragraph 4 of this Article.